Sunday 31 May 2015

The final curtain of the forth decade

So, really from 2010 onwards, I've become a taxi driving, non bike riding general manager. The Jagaur X-Type was replaced with the MINI One in September 2011, as my mother stated "the Jaguar is too big for you!" So, from one extreme to the other!


Out with the odl Jaaaaag, in with the new Dinky

Since then, it has been a MINI adventure. I joined the Surrey New MINI owners club, have done three London to Brighton Mini runs, and lots of other shows up and down the country. It's been great fun, but this year I have been a bit quiet on the car show scene.

Work is still going strong, I have a good team around me. Who somehow have stuck with me, even when we've had a lot of shit to put up with!

New friends have come, old friends have been on adventures and returned!

At times, I think my life is stuck, or just been placed on hold. My mum likes to point out that the only time she gets out of the flat is with me on a Saturday. I try to keep getting her out every weekend for her shopping trip to Marks & Spencer, somewhere in the country.

Just before Christmas 2014 we received the sad news that my aunt passed away from cancer, That was very upsetting, especially for my mum, as it was her youngest sister. 64 is too young. We now try and have a family gathering every month or so, just to get everyone together for a good old gossip over a meal. It's fun, and it gets us out for an adventure somewhere.

Now I'm half way through 2015. I started running just to lose some weight back in January, and after 11kgs, and now 11 parkruns, I'm still enjoying it!  Long may the running continue.

New plans for the rest of the year... Well, Sunday I pick up my new toy.

2005, my 30th birthday, I got an Aprilia 125cc, 2015, my 40th birthday, I've just bought a Kawasaki Ninja 250. I hope to be collecting it on Sunday! So, in ten years, I've managed to double the engine capacity of the bikes I buy near my birthday!!

To my friends I have meet over the last ten years, Malcolm, Kay,and the others, it's been a fun roller coaster, and long may it continue! The world of Loon is never quiet!! Especially if the Monster is working!!


Cars in a bike dealers forecourt?? It must be raining!

No comments: