Saturday 30 March 2013

And we're off. The 2013 car show season is underway

Finally, it's here! The first two meetings of 2013 have been completed.

Last weekend was Mini Day at Brooklands Museum. This is usually one of the top attended events at Brooklands Museum, and this year, it was going to be a struggle against the elements for event. Wintery showers, a bitingly cold wind, not a lot of shelter, unless you ventured across to Mercedes Benz World or hid in the Bus Museum.

I woke up at silly o'clock on Sunday morning, about 2:30am, and went off to find a drink, before going back to bed, I decided to have a quick peak out of the window....

To be confronted with....




One of my lovely neighbours had decided to park his van into my car. Nice! Impressed, I was not! A note left under the windscreen, I grabbed my keys, and off I went to the workshop to check out the damage.


It doesn't look a lot, but he has managed to scuff the bumper, and left a large mark. A replacement bumper is required then.

At least I got the car clean for Mini Day!! It was a fairly good turn out of Minis and MINIs at the museum despite the cold weather. The day was spent venturing out into the cold with my camera, take a few pictures then dive back into the car and warm up. Coming up to 2pm, that was it, everything was frozen, my hands, face, feet and camera!




Another Mini Day completed at Brooklands Museum. It was fun, albeit chilly fun. It was good to meet up with the Surrey new MINI club again and also make our club stand one of the largest at this years event. Lets hope next years event is warmer and we get even more cars on the club stand!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With haνin so much contеnt ԁo yοu еvег run іnto any problems of plagοrism
or copyright violation? Ϻy site has a lot of eхсlusive content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being stolen? I'd definіtely apprесiate it.


My web-site; augen lasern